Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ideas are the least of my worries.

As previously mentioned, I have trouble writing. I've sat down in front of a computer, a piece of paper, a tape recorder, and even a typewriter, all with the approximate result of nothing.

It's not like I start with nothing. I've got great ideas for stories. I even outlined one of them down to exactly what happens in each chapter, with character names, profiles, backgrounds, everything. But when it came down to the prose, all that came out was sighs.

I don't need any help coming up with ideas. Everyone's got an idea for a story. Probably more than one, to be sure. I could rattle off about a dozen, but I won't, on the off chance I work out how to put words to them. My problem areas are mostly based around descriptions. Describing the environment, the characters, and the action always gave me problems. I can never put to words what exactly I see in my head. Dialogue tends to be easier, though still a bit rough.

So what's the answer? Do I keep banging my head on the keyboard? Do I move on, stories untold? Currently, I am exploring other medium, and at the moment, I'm looking into writing a comic book. The main problem with that is my inability to draw. Don't have a lick of talent. I'm sure I can find an artist willing to take on my stories, but there's always that problem of someone else drawing what's in your head.

Purple monkey dishwater indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment